Well we moved Lukey into a big boy bed about 3 months ago and I placed two toddler rails on one side of the bed and pushed the bed up to the wall to keep him in the bed. Well he finally figured out that they were not attached, just slid under the mattress and he started pushing them completely out and onto the floor, therefore he is all over the room running, laughing, having a grand time until I come in! Well I tried telling him no don't get out of bed! Whatever- that is like talking to the wall........ he just repeated the whole process as soon as I would leave the room. I tried using packing tape to attach the rails to the head and foot boards- again he is too smart and found a weak point and busted out.
What is a mom to do- build a 12 foot X 12 foot crib to contain him in :)????? Tempting..................... I am going to try to safety pin the toddler rail straps to the mattress underneath and see if that will work- if not I will have to come up with other ideas. It does no good to take all the toys out of his room to keep him bored when he gets out of bed.............. he loves to sit in front of the night light and play with his shadow! That boy I tell you.........never never never dull!
A little look into the day to day life of a normal everyday mom with a very special, nothing is normal about him, wonderful autistic son
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(72)
-
▼
November
(13)
- Lukey the sailor man.........
- Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- Bounce Zone = FUN!!!!!!
- How do ya like them apples????
- Pukey Lukey strikes again!!!
- Can't believe the holidays are almost here!
- Another cold.......... not a happy camper here :(
- Lukey the escape artist..........
- Rain rain go away.........
- A crazy weekend.........
- Lucas, the thirsty artist
- Hmmmmmm, what can I get away with today???
- Happy Halloween from Dr. Lukey
-
▼
November
(13)
No comments:
Post a Comment