Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pukey Lukey strikes again!!!

Just when you think your kiddo outgrows a nick name- think again. We used to call him Pukey Lukey for obvious reasons- he threw up daily, sometimes multiple times a day due to food aversions, texture issues, and crying too hard. Well he threw up all over daddy on Sunday night after too much wrestling, and he threw up all over himself and his bed last night at my house.

It is always soooooooooooooo much fun to clean up a pukey, sleepy, mad toddler at night :) Words just can't describe the fun; you just have to experience it for yourself to see! He cried for a solid hour while I cleaned him up, changed his clothes, his bedding and then after an hour my nerves were shot and I lured him into bed with M&M's- desperate times, desperate measures ....................

Anyway I cleaned him up again this morning but he still did not smell too great going to school- oh well I will scrub him down good tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am Katie Mims from Shorkey's mom, Janell Ford. I started working with a child with autism this year as her shadow. Katie told me about your site, and I check it regularly. You truly have a special son, but he has a very special mom! The way you handle stressful situations with humor inspires me.

Janell Ford

Anonymous said...

Thanks Janell- I appreciate it! He is very special and I am blessed to have him as my son. I don't know how else to handle my stress with Lucas other than with humor- if I didn't I would go crazy for sure- thanks for the kind words :)