Friday, September 4, 2009

He eats, and he eats, and he eats........................











Here is what Lucas does best- eat. He eats non stop from the time he arrives home from school at 2 pm until bedtime at 7 pm. As a blind man could see he is getting a little "thicker", fluffy, however one wants to view it :) so I am trying to cut out junk like cookies and add more fruit etc. Well he loves freeze dried apple bites so every night before bed time he eats these in a bowl, watches Wheel of fortune, and he eats them with both hands like he is starving in a POW camp. Obviously I feed the child- but he inhales these things! Oh the little things in life that make our world go around..........
I am on the mend- after 3 separate dr visits this week and 3 shots in the a$$ I am about back to 100%- still very tired, but the majority of the kidney infection is gone- thank God! I don't ever want one of those again! 103 degree fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, horrible abdominal pain- more fun than one should be allowed to have at any one given time in life. So back to hitting the books, the gym, the boyfriend :), and work- back to the old grind- and I have never looked more forward to things being back to normal! Lucas is loving school and doing well- we are trying to have him re-evaluated at Tx Children's to see if his autism diagnoses has changed any- the neurologist thinks it is still on the milder PDD end of the autism spectrum, but we will see when the time comes- I hope he is right!

No comments: