Saturday, October 4, 2008

I like french toast!!!!!!!!!

I was asking Lucas what he wanted for dinner- usually he won't tell me a choice- he usually will say "I want candy" when you ask what do you want? Last night after his bath I said do you want a waffle, cheese toast, or french toast? He repeated all the choices, as he usually does, then said "I like french toast!" I am not certain but that is the first sentence that I have ever heard him say without reading it!
I was beyond happy to hear this, as you can imagine! I made him some french toast and he ate it all........... remarkable the wonderful progress that he has made in talking and choosing items over the past month- he is becoming less frustrated and eating better due to this. We are very proud of him, and it looks like 2 years of therapy is paying off!

No comments: