Wow did Lucas have a meltdown of epic proportions yesterday at the Shorkey Center! He was upset with me because he wanted to get back into his car seat upon arrival there and I made him get out and go inside for therapy (yes this is the same kid that 3 short days ago had to be held down to put IN his car seat). He screamed, kicked and cried for about 20 minutes over it. It took me dragging him into the building, and his two therapist to calm him down. He did great once he calmed down, but Lordy mercy was I stressed out! He sat at the door crying and said "Let me out!" We all giggled at that one......... it is always amazing how he can suddenly talk when he is really mad :) Thankfully he did fine the rest of the day; I guess he got it all out of his system with this meltdown
We are going to try to carve a pumpkin so that will be interesting... I will post some pics if I am not up to my elbows in pumpkin seeds. Last year I just got him to draw on the pumpkin- he loved that :) This is the finished pumpkin project from Halloween 2007- I am hoping this year we will carve it together- we shall see..........
Edited post: I tried to carve the pumkin tonight with Mr. Gag Reflex.......... he gagged repeatedly when he saw the pumkin guts and threw the spoon at me and screamed NOOOOOO! So, there goes that theory- maybe better luck next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment