Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rain rain go away.........











It rained cats, dogs, horses, cows................ you name it- and the result was Lake Lumberton- in my back yard. Lucas even called it a lake when we left to go to school :) These are pics from my back yard- the water was about 2 feet deep in most places, and about 3 feet in others- I was thankful that I have flood insurance- luckily it did not get near my house- it stopped right at the edge of the patio/porch areas. My lawnmower was under water about a foot though- don't know if that will run again............
What is a boy to do when we are stuck in the house after school due to our yard needing a canoe? We ate some "par-mi-mickles" (that is Popsicle to everyone but Lucas), some wow-wi-pops (lollipops) and snacks- evident by the messy face in the pics! After snacks, mommy decided to try and make some Christmas cards in one part of the house and Lucas was busy in another- for a while- then he decided that he needed to "help". Here are some pics of him helping me make Christmas cards- so some of you will get homemade by Lukey cards this year. He did a great job and LOVED the glue stick- he used a lot of glue all over each card- he used it like a Crayon :) Anyway he did very well helping me and it kept him busy for over an hour- yeah!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG I don't miss that rain! but I guess I better get ready for lots of snow days. I think I may take the snow over the rain though...ask me again in March. :)

So cute he is helping you with your crafts now!