Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lucas, the organizer

Well Lucas does get his organizational skills honestly :) I organized some snacks that Lucas likes in a clear, Rubbermaid storage thing that has 3 drawers so that he can access them and hopefully pick out his own snacks. I labeled all the drawers- cookies, crackers, cereal, pop tarts, etc. I brought him over to it last night and said see here is where your crackers are.
Well there were several packages of the round Peanut Butter crackers in there that we often call "cookies" so he will eat them- and he pulled one out and said to me "cookie?" like why is it in the cracker drawer :) I thought that was very cute. Well he proceeded to eat the whole pack and I moved the other packages like it to the cookie drawer. Hopefully this will encourage him to go to the drawers and pick out what he wants to eat on his own.
A little bored today- as we were yesterday too- no school due to Hurricane Gustav evacuations. School resumes tomorrow- yeah! Lukey gets to go to work with me today to help Rebecca shop- it is always interesting with those two out shopping together :)

1 comment:

Jan M. said...

You better be careful & put all the "cookies" together or Mr. Smartie pants will catch on! LOL I'm so proud of all the new things he is doing & I'm so proud of you too!