Well my girlfriend Rebecca and I went to The Woodlands today to a huge church sale that they have there every year that sells gently used baby and children's items. It is like a HUGE garage sell, but very organized and all in one location. We brought her scooter and loaded it up to the max with clothes, toys, and more clothes for Lukey and Emma. It was fun and a nice day trip. It is hard to believe my son is 3.5 years old and I spent the day buying size 5-6 clothes for him- he is getting big, fast!!!
Lucas went to school and did well the couple of days a week that he got to go. Hopefully we will get back into a good groove after next week begins- barring no more hurricane evacs! He is making progress in asking for things to eat- today he told his dad "I want candy" when asked if he was hungry and wanted something to eat. He got some candy then he told dad that he wanted a sandwich when given it among other options- he ate the whole thing! I am so hopeful that he will start to realize how powerful his language skills are and start to use them more!
I saw an employee that worked at the Conroe Head Start program, and I told her all about how well Lucas is doing- it felt so good to give her a positive update on him!
A little look into the day to day life of a normal everyday mom with a very special, nothing is normal about him, wonderful autistic son
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(72)
-
▼
September
(14)
- Group ABA session= craziness!!!!
- Pom-mickle please
- Bubble time!
- Dentist appointment today- went pretty well?!?!
- We are back to home sweet home
- Here we (don't) go again- Ike
- Put a plug in it!!!
- I want pancakes!!!
- Big boy in the house!
- Big boy bed !!!
- What a day!
- Nana, nana please!
- Lucas, the organizer
- Home sweet home!!!
-
▼
September
(14)
No comments:
Post a Comment