Saturday, September 20, 2008

We are back to home sweet home




Lukey did great on our evacuation trip! He stayed at his dad's house in Beaumont for hurricane Ike and then we all evacuated after we stayed in Beaumont for a couple of miserable days. We went to Arkansas to stay with a friend of my mom's and we had a good time actually. We drove about 7 hours each way and did so with no crying and no meltdowns, see attached photos- candy is the key!

We ate a lot of lollipops and M & M's and lots of Skittles- hey whatever works huh? We stayed in Arkansas for about 5 days and then came home after we had some of our friends and family resumed power and we could return home and stay with them. I got power back at my house after 6 days and it was great to return home! We felt like gypsies for a while so it was so good to be back in my own bed. My back has been killing me for a few days- I hope the return home will help- don't want a pinched sciatic nerve repeat!

Lucas did a lot of talking while we were gone- he said Hi Mark, Hi Jack, I love you daddy, and so many other's I can't remember. He did great- I am so proud of him.

No comments: