Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lukey pooed on the potty (and other shitty news!)

Yeah Lucas! Oh did we have a potty party last night! I have been putting him on the potty at night before his bath for about a month to get him into the swing of things there and he has been doing great with #1, but #2 never until last night. I did not even realize it until he was in the tub and I started seeing suspicious floaters in there with him. So I checked and low and behold- he pooed on the potty! I raved about this like some crazy woman on a game show that won a million $$!'s. He looked at me like I was nuuuuuuuttttyyy. Oh well- I should be used to that by now :)

Well in other news, I ended things with the new guy yesterday- I am determined to not settle and I felt like I was settling already with him. He put everything and everyone else in front of spending time with me, and at first I thought well he is just busy, or this came up or that, but after two months I started to realize that I needed to be more of a priority than that, and not trying to sound like a Loreal commercial........... I am worth it! So I met him for lunch and we did not eat but just talked and I explained to him that I was not happy in our relationship and that I needed more than he could give me; I also told him I had unresolved feelings for my ex. He seemed to understand and we parted on good terms so I am hoping we can be friends.

So I saw Mark last night- he came over for pizza and catching up with Lukey and I- it was wonderful. I had one of the best evenings I can remember in a very long time. It felt so nice to be in his arms again and to see him interact and love on my son. It melts my heart- I am truly optimistic and hopeful that this time around, after some time apart and soul searching that has been done, that we can work things out. I love him so much and I am thankful to have another chance with him.

No comments: