Sunday, June 21, 2009

Annie O........... get your guns!!!

Yes, you can guess from my title that I am no longer a gun virgin- yes today I fired a gun for the first time! I had so much fun- it is a great stress reliever. I fired a 22 caliber pistol, 22 rifle, a 31 glaucen? and a shotgun. Pete and his son are gun nuts so they have quite a collection and go to the shooting range often. They took me along for a father's day outing today and taught me how to shoot. No one was injured or killed in the process- so that means it was successful right? It was fun........ hope to go back soon. I am becoming more of an outdoors girl all the time!

Well today was a very disappointing father's day............ Lucas' dad just continues to disappoint me. I guess I should expect no different from him and that I should just get over him not being as involved as I imagined he would be; but that is hard- a very hard pill to swallow. I am so thankful to have Pete in my life- if things work out with him it will be a positive and involved role model in Lucas' life. I really feel that Mark has so many hurt feelings and harbors so much resentment about the past and our marriage that he gets it all mixed up in the present and takes it out on me now. He was at a family reunion all weekend so I kept Lucas, and boy was it a rough weekend- all I can say is thank God for my mom! She watched Lukey for a few hours yesterday and today to give me some mommy time. Mark returned home today and said that he did not want to get Lukey until 400 pm tomorrow- he is on vacation until Thursday. Well this chapped me as I am exhausted- trying to juggle school, work, Lucas, Lucas' bad mood :) etc. while he was out of town drinking and having fun all weekend. He is off work the next 3 days and he offered to watch him one extra night- but no extra time at all during the days. I will still bring him to school, therapy, etc. all week- NO vacation for me- ever I suppose!
Well I tried to talk to him about this on the phone today and 2 X , yes you read that right, 2 X he hung up on me. No conversation at all about it- just an abrupt hang up. Oh well- what are ya gonna do? Can't shine up a terd and make it pretty huh? No need to try on this one- he is as big of a terd as they come.

No comments: