Oh Lukey man- once he discovers that all he has to do is talk to me, he will get anything his little heart desires! I bought him some Moon Sand- a clever (messy) little invention someone with NO children obviously came up with- anyway back on topic- I bought this for his birthday and he received so many toys I put about 1/2 of them away and forgot about some of them. Well I was cleaning out a closet this morning at 430 am........... could not sleep, what else is there to do??? and I found this. So I got it out and decided if he notices it or asks for it, I will open it- otherwise no. Well of COURSE he notices it at bedtime, brings the box to me and says "I want sand; I want sand.............. so guess what - he got sand! Boy I did too, and the carpet, chairs, table, PJ's, you get the idea- we all got sand! I had to drag out the vacuum- joy joy joy.
Anyway he had his first day of summer school today and he did well- new teachers in that room and everything and he still did well- daddy accidentally brought him to school 30 minutes early today but he did not seem to mind. He had a great day and was starving of course when I picked him up- I was prepared though- cheese toast all cut up in bite sized pieces and warm milk for the ride home- am I an awesome mommy or what???
Well yesterday was a fun, relaxing day on the river with my new man Pete and his son Chris. His son is a doll- I really enjoyed his company. I am hoping that our boys can meet this week- we will try one day soon to take them to the river to go boating- that should be interesting! Well I better hit the books- I have a date tomorrow night so I won't be studying tomorrow- better get caught up tonight.
A little look into the day to day life of a normal everyday mom with a very special, nothing is normal about him, wonderful autistic son
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(147)
-
▼
June
(14)
- What a heck of a weekend!
- Lukey the circus man?
- My little dancin' man
- Annie O........... get your guns!!!
- Long weekend.............
- Long day, good day, bad day, exciting day........
- I want squeezes............WOMAN!
- Busy busy girl.............
- Ugh............. I HATE insurance companies!!!!
- I want sand, I want sand...........
- What a wonderful day/I have a smart little man!
- My little swimmin' man
- WARNING: Mushy stuff galore
- Going to be a busy, busy summer
-
▼
June
(14)
1 comment:
Oh how funny. Noah's therapist brought Moon Sand over today and he LOVED it. I laughed when I read your post just now. I was shocked he liked it but he had it everywhere and didn't want to wash it off his hands even. Which is pretty amazing given his dislike of having his hands dirty. Ha! Glad all is going well with the new guy!
Post a Comment