OK so I am paying $1000's of dollars a year on therapy to teach my autistic child to talk and here are some samples of what he is learning: "Shit, Crap, Dammit, I want squeezes Woman!" Doesn't that make a mama proud !?!?!? He says the curse words at appropriate times too which really cracks me up. "Lucas it is time to put the book down and go to bed"- he says "Crap, crap, crap, crap............" about 20 X in response to go to bed! Then I have been telling him if he wants hugs or squeezes as he calls them, he has to say I want squeezes............ well today he said I want squeezes.......... woman! Oh my Lordy did I laugh at that one.
My mom came over to have dinner and hang out to catch up on things and she said she saw remarkable progress with him over the past couple of weeks. We have been doing supplements lately that are new so we are hopeful that they are helping- he just seems so much more focused, following directions well, and talking so much more. We are very excited about his progress. I will keep you all posted........... we see a specialist in Houston Thursday at Texas Children's- he is a neurologist that only works with autistic children so it will be great to see what he thinks about Lucas' progress as well as hopefully address the ongoing sleep issues. It is better but still not sleeping all night consistently.
A little look into the day to day life of a normal everyday mom with a very special, nothing is normal about him, wonderful autistic son
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(147)
-
▼
June
(14)
- What a heck of a weekend!
- Lukey the circus man?
- My little dancin' man
- Annie O........... get your guns!!!
- Long weekend.............
- Long day, good day, bad day, exciting day........
- I want squeezes............WOMAN!
- Busy busy girl.............
- Ugh............. I HATE insurance companies!!!!
- I want sand, I want sand...........
- What a wonderful day/I have a smart little man!
- My little swimmin' man
- WARNING: Mushy stuff galore
- Going to be a busy, busy summer
-
▼
June
(14)
1 comment:
Ooooo I'd love to know what kind of supplements you're using!
Post a Comment