One day I am sure he will be the official spelling bee champ- today proved that very well! He spelled so many words I lost track so I started a list so I could remember them. He spelled the ones you see above (Tramp ?????- unsure where he got that one, thank you, and copyright- still not sure where he saw that one either. Tonight we were watching Wheel of Fortune and he spelled People, places, beef tenderloin, and wheel off of the show. He has also started to line up the letters that he is hearing them call out on wheel and he tries to arrange them like in the puzzle- complete with spaces :) That boy amazes me!
I have made a new online friend from the autism board. She lives close to me, about an hour away and she may start coming to the FEAT meetings so we can meet! That would be so cool- I have never met any of these autism-pdd.net parents in person before. I have made several friends on that autism board- it is a wonderful resource- only parents like us really "get it".
Lucas was such a big boy today- he had an ultrasound done on his tummy to check his bladder and kidneys since he was diagnosed with a bladder infection last week. He is feeling much better I believe... no more meltdowns at school or at home -yeah! is the understatement of the year! He is such a big boy- he was very still and helped me sing songs to pass the time during the procedure. So proud of my boy. He has been talking more the past couple of days too- very exciting stuff. He asked to swing today and asked for bubbles and milk- all of this hard work seems to be paying off!
1 comment:
Jill, I'm SO happy to hear how well he is doing! And he amazes me with his spelling skills! I'm sure he will be an official spelling bee champ some day :) I'm also glad that you are going to be able to meet up with a friend too! YAY!
Post a Comment