I know you don't hear me say this one often times- but there are just days that I am grateful that he is autistic and not "normal." Maybe God knew I could handle autism better than normal- who's to say??? Lucas and I spent today together since he was out of school and we hung out at home most of the day and he spent a little time with Mrs. Pam, his in home therapist from school. Well today her son, Scottie, who is only about 3 months younger than Lukey, came with her. It amazed me that my son stayed put and followed directions much better than he did! I could not help but giggle- Lukey is so used to sitting and listening to an adult tell him exactly what to do and Scottie was bored and wanted to get up and play. It was very cute. They did play together though and took turns doing joint projects- Lucas did great :)
We went bowling after therapy- we went to Crossroad's in Beaumont and Lucas and I both played two games. I won both of course, but only because we had the gutter blockers up :) He had fun and only ran off a couple of times.... not too bad for an hour at the bowling alley. It was a fun outing and oh how he loves those balls, pins, numbers- all of it is exciting!
I am excited about something myself! I am having lunch this weekend with some of my old buddies from junior high- well actually I have known these folks since elementary school but haven't seen them in years! I have bumped into my friend Deanna here and there but not spent any quality time with her in God only knows how long......so I am looking forward to it very much. Not sure who all is going yet, I think 3-4 of us so far. It should be fun.
A little look into the day to day life of a normal everyday mom with a very special, nothing is normal about him, wonderful autistic son
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(147)
-
▼
February
(21)
- mycrazyyetwonderfullife
- Lucas is getting in trouble at school- said shut up!
- More talking = happy mommy!!!!
- It is like living with the spelling bee champ :)
- Lukey the jumpin man!!!
- Better day today.............
- OK I admit it...... I am a great mommy
- What a day!!!!
- Lukey fussy = mommy fussy :( ..................
- Thank God my child is autistic :) .................
- Happy Valentine's Day!!!
- Seriously have to monitor what I watch on TV......
- The love we have for our kids has no limits..........
- Reality check........slap in the face= change in f...
- Thank God it is Monday!
- Mommy still sick = boring day ?!?!
- Lucas the parrot man!
- Another shitty day..............
- I hate tax season!!!
- (S)not as snotty as yesterday..............but sti...
- Snotty Sunday..........
-
▼
February
(21)
No comments:
Post a Comment