Monday, February 9, 2009

Thank God it is Monday!

I know, you don't hear that very often, especially from me- but hey, after being stuck in the house all week last week with bronchitis and then all weekend with a bored toddler I am glad it is Monday! I am feeling much better thank goodness, and I was able to go back to work today so it was nice to be out in society again. I only had to use my inhaler a couple of times today and my coughing is much, much better. Overall I think I am on the mend and I am taking a pulmonary function test in about a week to assess if I have had a relapse in asthmatic symptoms, or if it just allergies/bronchitis- I am afraid it is asthma- I had bad asthma symptoms years ago (about 10 years ago) and I have had to treat it periodically when it flares up- I guess I need to go ahead and own up that yes I have asthma and yes I need to treat it daily, not just every once in a while when I feel like an elephant is on my chest.

Lucas had a great day at school and he also did fairly well with Pam his in home therapist after school. She will be having her baby in a few short weeks and I know we will miss her while she is on maternity leave. She has been great with him and she always gives me great ideas to try and help me problem solve with him. She will work with him again in the new school year most likely in August or so, but until then I am on my own at home I guess.

I went to check out some local child care facilities today for Lucas............ ugh!!!!! They are beyond scary! I guess we will do Mother's Day Out (MDO) again this summer mixed with ABA therapy and school. The school district really disappointed me as to what they offered last summer- unsure if it was sparse because of teacher/staff changes or what- but I hope it is a little more structured this summer. He needs the structure and so do I - it makes us both happy. But unfortunately when you have an autistic 4 year old who can't tell you when he is hungry, tired, thirsty, hurt, etc. you can't stick him in a regular day care setting with 18+ kids to one teacher- Lucas would slip through the cracks for sure in that setting. I will most likely send him back to Westgate Baptist MDO again this summer- he did great there the past 2 years and I guess I will just have to do that and intermix it with more ABA than usual to keep him busy. At least the MDO classes have about 1/2 the kids in the room than regular day care does. I have to do what is best for Lukey man- he is my #1 guy ya know :) I would do anything for him.

No comments: