Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What a day!!!!

Well today started with Lucas crying, not as much as yesterday, but still crying none the less. I went ahead and took him to the dr. to see if there was anything wrong- he seemed to be pulling his diaper down and crying this morning so I wanted to rule out a bladder infection. Do you have any idea how much fun it is to get a urine sample from an autistic 4 year old !?!?!? Loads....... let me tell ya. He was forced to put a plastic baggie/catheter over his, ya know, and leave it on there until he peed. Well we waited quite a while at the dr.'s office to no avail- then he demanded it be removed upon getting into the car. I took it off, and alas, he had a full diaper by the time we reach school- of course. I sent him on in with an empty urine cup and explained I needed a urine sample- wasn't sure if they could do that. Well they tried, and long story short the principle wigged out and sent him home. He was at school about 45 minutes.......... just long enough to get me to the gym and just start to de-stress. I went and got him and they said he was crying and inconsolable at school- when I arrive he is all smiles ..................
We go home and he is something else.........lots of demands to go swing- lots of bossing me around- maybe he needs military school rather than autism school !?!?! He was horrible- not in the I feel bad kind of way but in the RTS (Rotten Tater Syndrome) kind of way- there is a difference. As long as he got his way- he was golden- as soon as I said No- he threw a fit... urg!!! So we swing, literally, about 15-20 different times today- I lost count. In between I tried to get dressed to go to Lamar- I had an appointment for 330 to meet with the head of the education department to discuss how many hours I will need to re-enroll and get my diagnostician's certificate. Well we head to daddy's house so he can watch him while I go to Lamar- and they call and tell me I will have to reschedule the appointment.........again urg!!!! I go ahead and go to Lamar and apply for graduate school and get information for student loan applications. It is all online now- the last time I went to Lamar it was all on paper. It looks like I will have to attend about 27-30 hours at Lamar to do this....... again urg!!! So not a wasted trip- Lucas gave daddy grief too- he agrees that it is RTS......... we shall see.
I did get Waya to run a pee/poop sample to the ped's office to get it checked- so we shall see in a couple of days whether it is really anything or not. I sure hope this rebellious/ RTS phase passes soon- I would really rather stay in the free world and raise my child than to go to jail :)
On top of all of this today I get a letter explaining that Lucas has 3 unexcused absenses and I need to show "documentation" for why he missed. I give a dr.'s note each time he misses, so I dunno- I will meet with principle Friday about this one......... again urg! Hopefully tomorrow will be better...............

No comments: