Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Is it time to go back to school yet !?!?!?!?!?

I know, bad mommy! He has only been out of school for 3 days and I am ready for him to return- horrible I know- but he does so much better in a routine than at home bugging me all day! We are going to try and go do something fun today but he has been sick and it has been cold so we have been stuck in the house a lot lately- no fun :( He is feeling better but man this sinus infection has been bad this time around.
Yesterday he "helped"- I use this term very loosely- wrap presents. If I had not had my hands so full I would have taken pics- but between the cat jumping on the paper, Lucas throwing the tissue, playing with the gifts, and stepping on the paper I was bombarded! Oh and not to mention that he had me in a death grip throat lock most of the day- his way of saying I love you- lovely huh?

New words he spelled: Barney Says, Scout Sale ???, friend, appy Birthday (could not find another H- made him very upset, fleeting ???, and kool kids- I asked if that is how you spell Cool and he corrected it with a C- this kid is amazing!

I am amazed at how much he is improving daily on his listening skills and following simple directions - we still have a long way to go but it is a marked improvement! We dumped out a whole set of blocks (about 100 pieces) and he took turns with me in putting them back in the bucket and saying what color and shape each block was- about 6 months ago he could not take turns or find blocks on demand like "Find a yellow square and give it to mommy" so we are slowly making great progress!

No comments: