Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another day..............another sentence!

"Open letters please"- that is the sentence that my not so long ago non verbal child said to me today to get me to open a bag of letters! He brought them to me and without prompting asked me to open the bag! I am really pushing him to talk more- this afternoon he wanted to go swing and he pushed me out of the chair and started whining- I told him to ask me what he wanted- not to yell at me. He drug me to the door, and I made him say, open please, I want to swing, and I like to swing before he could swing- mama knows how to work it huh?!?!? Whatever works to get him into the groove of communicating........
Well he still has a runny nose and a cough but he is gradually getting better. I hope that by Monday it will be gone........... keep your fingers crossed- it has already been a week. Dr. days he is OK- just a cold, but that croupy cough is rough. He is a little trouper though- he will get better soon. We are gearing up for a field trip tomorrow with his school class to the bowling alley- fun. Imagine it- mass chaos in a bowling alley full of autistic children- will they give out sedatives (for the mom's) at the door?!?!?!? One can hope........ I will let you know how it goes- Lukey has been to one bowling party about a year ago and LOVED it- wore mommy out but he loved it :) I am leashing him tomorrow to keep tabs on him if I need to- we use that a lot!

No comments: