Saturday, January 17, 2009

Strange feelings today...........

You know how there are just some days in your life that you thought you may never see happen? Well today was one of those days.............. my sweet baby boy is having a birthday party at his grandma Karen's house with his daddy and all of his cousins- and I am not there to help celebrate. I know- we had a party for him at my house last weekend and he had a great time- but this is the first of many, many holidays/celebrations that I will not be a part of due to the divorce. Feels kind of strange- I am OK with it- just strange.
Another thing that is weird today is that I helped my sister move most of her Earthly belongings to my mom's house as she and her husband of 13 years are separating. I know she will be OK- it is just hard because I just went through all of this last year and I know what lies ahead for her. Keep your chin up Jan- it will get better! I love you!!!!!!!!!!
I am doing a whole lot of nothing today- I have not been able to do this is I don't know how long :) The past 2 months have been crazy busy with Lucas' school and therapy schedule- my on and off work schedule, all the stress that goes along with juggling it all- and Christmas and Lukey's party last week- I am going to spend the rest of today in my jammies and scrapbook I think. Although my bed is calling me........... I just may take a nap instead. My boyfriend has his daughter Sarah this weekend and she is ill with a stomach bug- so afraid I will not be able to go and see them :( The last thing I need is to catch that from her and give it to Lukey! Yikes!!! He is coming home tomorrow at 100 and out of school Monday so that would make for a very long weekend!!!! I hope everyone has a good weekend.

1 comment:

Giraffe's Song said...

(((HUGS))) I am sure it is hard, but I hope that you were able to take some time for yourself yesterday.