ate a snack then we stayed outside for about an hour and a half. He played with bubbles most of that time- and then he discovered blowing bubbles in a cup with a straw :) Boy is that fun- he drank sooooooooooo much tea trying to perfect this skill- it was hilarious.
You know most moms would discourage such a trick, but in this case I encouraged it as he still does not know how to blow bubbles with his mouth through the wand- he loads up the wand and shakes it until bubbles appear. So I thought well if he learns to blow in a straw, then maybe it will eventually carry over to bubbles? Maybe- but not today- try try again is the motto around here!
Well tonight at bed time he did something remarkable- he said Night Night to me!!!!!!!!!!! No prompting, and he did not copy what I said to him! I was soooooooooooooooo excited- can't even tell you- small baby steps of progress is all I am asking for and that was one for sure! Is it the new diet- dunno- but we are going to try it at least through summer to see if it makes any difference- we shall see.
Horrifying letter sent home today from school- no, not what you may be thinking; swine flu,no; stomach bugs going around, no; there is a field trip scheduled at the end of the school year (in 2 weeks) at a water park- which means I will have to wear - gasp- a - bathing- suit :( ................ OMG- my white chunky legs are so not ready for that! I did get a new bathing suit though that looks pretty good on me- so I can't complain- but I better hit the gym and the tanning bed over the next two weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment