Well I am thanking God it is Sunday for several reasons: 1. Obvious one- it is the day to serve the Lord, 2. Tomorrow is Monday which means my little man goes back to school :) Yeah- he has been so out of sorts so much lately it is grating on my last nerve truly it is. He was so grouchy today- did not help that he woke up at 4:55 am this morning then stayed up all day.... he went to sleep tonight at 645 pm! Poor little guy- must have been tired from all the complaining he did today! We went to church this am and he cried non stop- did not want to be in that Sunday school class at all. The teachers in there were unfamiliar with him and were zero help in trying to understand him. I left with him after staying in there with him for an hour and upon leaving realized that they just started a special needs Sunday school class and we went to that one. It was great- there were only 4 kids in there and most of them were autistic boys. It will be a perfect fit once he gets used to it. We will try it again in a couple of weeks. It is nice to know there is somewhere to take your kids that people understand them and love them for who they are.
Another set of people who love Lucas and I as we are are my wonderful boyfriend and his family. I brought Lucas over to Mark's parent's home and he cried and complained most of the 2 hours we were there- but they made us feel welcome, let me do whatever I needed to do to make him happy and were (as always) so understanding. I am so appreciative for the love that his family gives me I can't even express it. I never thought I would find a man to love me and my son the way that he and his family have- I love you guys!!!!
On a very different other note- Lucas pooped a little in the tub tonight and freaked out wanting me to get it out of the water. Coincidentally my friend LeeAnne posted this cute video of this very subject today on her blog so I had to copy it on here- it may gross you out but I found it very humorous! http://www.flowgo.com/funny/4175_splish-splash-baby.html
A little look into the day to day life of a normal everyday mom with a very special, nothing is normal about him, wonderful autistic son
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(147)
-
▼
April
(16)
- Well the results are in...........
- Looking forward to the weekend!
- Crazy week........
- It is official.............. I have lost my mind!
- Beautiful Sunday
- Fun day at the Shorkey center....
- The roller coaster ride, called my life, continues...
- Fun in the tub- little man is feeling better :)
- Happy Easter everyone!
- Better day today!
- Exhausted but it is getting better.....
- Ahhhhhhhhhh.............drugs............
- Tired, worried, frustrated...........
- Thank God it is Sunday!!!!
- Well I am still kickin'.......check out Lukey pics!!!
- Autism, autism, autism.......
-
▼
April
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment