.......... for both Lucas and myself. We shall start with Lucas......... I took him for a speech therapy evaluation today- he has not had one in about 3 years outside of school- so I was interested to see what the results would be. Well at 18 months he scored at about a 6-10 month old level for comprehension and speech output; he is now 4.5 years (or 52 months) old and he scored an average of 1.9 years (or 21 months old). Yes, progress has been made- yes he i still very far behind. It made me a little sad- not surprising yet a little sad. He is such a joy and I just hate for him how frustrated he gets in the difficulties that the autism causes for him on a daily basis- just does not seem fair at all. Oh well I will still love him with all my heart- nothing can change that.
Well I went back to the dr. today and he tells me I am anemic and that I am also severely low on Vit. B-12. He said that I needed to start B-12 shots daily for a week, then 1X a week for a month, then 1X a month thereafter. Wow- shots everyday- must have been low! I have been feeling tired all the time, lethargic, sleepy, no energy and at times having night sweats and tingliness in my fingers. He said all of these things can be caused by inadequate B-12 in the blood stream. I am hoping that I will start to feel better soon- I started the shots today so we shall see.......
Well the rest of this week will be busy as usual........ ABA therapy tomorrow, Th, and F for my little guy after school and then next week speech therapy on M and W. Never dull I tell you! I hope Lukey sleeps tonight- he slept well all weekend at daddy's house- lets hope the trend continues.......... I am nice and rested after a fun and relaxing weekend. I spent much of it with my man and we went to the Houston art museum and to dinner Saturday and then we went to his parents to eat lunch yesterday with his daughter and brother. It was nice to catch up on adult conversation and to get some much needed rest!
A little look into the day to day life of a normal everyday mom with a very special, nothing is normal about him, wonderful autistic son
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(147)
-
▼
April
(16)
- Well the results are in...........
- Looking forward to the weekend!
- Crazy week........
- It is official.............. I have lost my mind!
- Beautiful Sunday
- Fun day at the Shorkey center....
- The roller coaster ride, called my life, continues...
- Fun in the tub- little man is feeling better :)
- Happy Easter everyone!
- Better day today!
- Exhausted but it is getting better.....
- Ahhhhhhhhhh.............drugs............
- Tired, worried, frustrated...........
- Thank God it is Sunday!!!!
- Well I am still kickin'.......check out Lukey pics!!!
- Autism, autism, autism.......
-
▼
April
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment